The gold medal for most accident-prone: Lindsay Vonn. Congratulations on the hurt shin, broken finger, and 4+ beef-its while competing. I really think you set a record for most accidents in a 2 week period.

The gold medal for most expensive spandex outfit: Evan Lysacek. Vera Wang. FIERCE.

The gold medal for "most ordinary" athletes: The 4 man bob-sledding team. These men are the epitome of shooting for your dreams.

The gold medal for sickest performance: Shaun White. Yes, I did just use the word "sickest", but I feel like that is the only way I could describe it. He left me stunned with his incredible half-pipe performance. I may be in love with him. What?

The gold medal for the most emotional performance: Joannie Rochette. I can't imagine losing a parent this young. I found myself weeping during both of her performances to win the bronze medal. I felt semi-pathetic being such a bawl baby, but then I looked around the room and saw my mother and my aunt crying, & then heard Scott Hamilton weeping, barely able to speak any words of commentary after her first performance. Later, it was reported that she left most of the arena in tears. What an incredible feeling of support for this young girl, as she lost her mother, to not only have her family, but the whole country of Canada, and the entire world's sympathy. THIS is why I love the Olympics. PEOPLE ARE GOOD.

The gold medal for most gross things that bring you "luck": Apolo Ohno. Congratulations on the 8 medals won, really, that is extremely impressive, but a bandana? and that chin decoration? If this was your last Olympics, do you think we could maybe put that bandana in a memory chest, and that chin decoration a shave? I'd really appreciate it.

The gold medal for most inspirational: Alexandre Bilodeau. What a sweet man. His brother has cerebral palsy, & he skis for him. He also won the first gold medal Canada has ever won on home soil. It was so sweet to watch his brother's reaction. I may have shed a tear... (I get really emotional in competitions. Obviously.)

After following the Olympics, my newest tourist destination desire has been Vancouver. What a beautiful city!

Congratulations to all those who competed in the Olympics. What an incredible fete. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. & thank you world for showing that you are good. It is possible to be respectful and genuinely happy for one another. ONE LOVE.
1 comment:
haha I LOLd through your whole post, I love you JHursty! PS: I have the hugest celebrity crush on Shawn White. He has red hair so what (no offense Katy, you're a pretty redhead though)? Plus, I think his red hair makes Dustin feel less threatened by me having a crush on him. I can't help it. He's aaaamazing!
Post a Comment