Tomorrow, March 24, 2010 my dad is turning one year older and wiser, too. I'd like to think my dad is like Peter Pan. He's never had to ACTUALLY grow up. He played baseball for a living. The field was his office, the mound was his cubicle.
My dad comes from humble beginnings. He was raised the youngest of 5 children (10 years younger than the child before him) in a single parent home in Southern Utah. His dad was absent for the majority of his childhood, but luckily, he had an amazing mother who raised him very well.
My dad is the best dad to ever roam the earth. He is a true man. He has a firm testimony in the Church. He loves my mother unconditionally. He loves his family unconditionally. He only wants the best for people. He is a true friend. He supports those he loves. He stands up for what he believes in. He is one of the funniest people I have honestly ever met. He loves to learn. He is the best listener. He is the best teacher. Anyone who meets him instantly loves him. He's personable. He's happy. He is willing to sacrifice his desires and dreams first for his family. He's incredibly smart. He is honest. He is a hard worker, and teaches me the importance of hard work. He is reasonable. He loves the scriptures. He loves his Savior.
My dad has always allowed me to be me, letting me learn lessons on my own, regardless of how painful it was to watch me learn at times. He supports me in all the decisions that I make, even if they are the wrong ones. I trust my dad, and with that my relationship with him is easy and open. I am able to talk to him about anything and everything. He is the type of man I want in my own husband. I am so lucky to have him as my father.
I hope you have the best birthday, Dad. I love you so much!
3 comments:
ok, you really do have the coolest dad. I could seriously hang with just your parentals and love life. The Hurst clan is mahh favorite :)
Thanks Britt! They really are the coolest parents alive, I am really lucky!
You do have the coolest parents alive! And you are your fathers daughter and your mothers daughter. I think you got the best of both of their traits! Say hello to them for me! Love you jord.
Post a Comment