Things have been really busy as of late! I'm counting down the days until school is out!
Last night was Jenna's bridal shower/bachelorette party (why did I or no one take any pictures?! Fail.) and it was so much fun. Our beautiful hostess, Stacie, let us into her absolutely adorable home, and the night was filled with lots of catching up and laughter. It's so crazy that my little Jenna is growing up and making the plunge into marriage! I absolutely adore her and her fiance, Dustin, and cannot wait for them to start their lives together. They get married next Friday (pray that it does not rain until Saturday!) and jet off immediately to Paris (Hopefully. Pray that the volcano in Iceland will subside!) as Jenna said "At least I'll be married, right?!" haha right.
Earlier in the week my old doubles partner from MCC, Nga, invited me to play in a charity tennis tournament this morning and we ended up winning! I must admit that I was fairly impressed with myself and my ability to play semi-decent after not playing competitively for 2 years. The first match was bloody awful and I felt like I was playing tennis for the first time in my entire life, but as the day went on I finally got my groove back. And it was nice. I also was grateful for the tennis lines I briefly got. As soon as I got home I jumped into my refreshing pool and laid out for a while. I'm really trying to soak up as much sun as possible before becoming ghostly white in Sweden over the summer.
Kyle is now in Iowa playing for the Cedar Rapids Kernels in A ball and is doing absolutely amazing. He came in relief tonight pitching 3 1/3 inning, striking out 4, with no hits no runs and no walks. I'm so proud of him! I hope I can either make it out to Iowa or he gets moved up to Rancho Cucamonga, CA so I can watch him play. (I have yet to see him play during the season. I have only seen him play in spring training!)
Also, my beautiful friend Brittany recently got engaged to her super talented boyfriend Merek! I am so happy for her and her beau! By far the most creative and beautiful couple I have ever met. Congratulations Bb!
Did I mention I'm a vegetarian? It's the most awesome thing, ever.
I do have a few random questions/thoughts that hopefully you may help me out with:
1. Why does Old Navy have talking mannequins as advertisements? Did the marketing director not see 'I am Legend' and remember the creepy as hells bells mannequins in that movie (scarred me for life)? Can we seriously change that Old Navy? I mean SERIOUSLY. BEYOND. CREEPY.
2. I feel bad for Nicholas Sparks having to live up to the characters he writes in his books with his wife... Talk about pressure! Actually, does he have a wife? I really wonder if he is even a romantic person in reality. You know those actors like Ben Stiller that are super hilarious in movies, but in reality they are the most shy and un-funny people? I wonder if Nicholas Sparks is the same way...
3. I forgot my other inquiry (epic fail).
Remember folks, EARTH DAY (my favorite holiday) is Thursday, April 22. GO GREEN!
REDUCE. REUSE. RECYCLE.
LOVE OUR BEAUTIFUL EARTH.
2 comments:
Uhh, I love you! Thanks for bringing those veiny straws. You're amazing.
Also- so random. We shot a wedding in Tucson on Saturday and I MET the marketing director for Old Navy! He was amazing so I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't ask him what he was thinking with that super model-quin idea. What are the chances?
oh my gosh, Jordan. You are too awesome. Thank you so much for the sweet comment. Made my day!! Love ya!
Post a Comment